GENERAL INTELLIGENCE & REASONING
In questions no. 1-9 select the related letters/words/numbers from the given alternatives:
3. Fish:Scales :: Bear:
Ans: Artist : Brush
5. NUMERAL : UEALRMN :: ALGEBRA:?
6. BDAC:FHEG::NPMO ?
7. FGHI: OPQR:: BCDE:
In questions no. 10 to 15, find the odd number letters/ word from the given alternatives
16. In the following question, number of letters are skipped'in between by a particular rule. Which of the following series observes the rule ?
17. Find out the pair of numbers that does not belong to the group for lack of common property.
18. Which one of the giuen responses would be a meaningful descending order of the following ?
Ans: 5, 4,3, 1,2. Lt. General, Brigadier, Colonel, Major, Captain
19. Arrange the order in the dictionary.
20. Which one set of letters when sequentially placed at the gaps in the given letter series shall complete it ?
In questions no. 21 to 24 a series is given, with one/two term(s) missing. Choose the correct alternatives frorn the given ones that complete the series.
21. Ans: 36
22. 8, 15, 36, 99, 288,
24. reoc, pgme, nikg, lkii,
25. Among her children, Ganga's favourites are Ram and Rekha. Rekha is the mother of....
ans: no relationship
26. Find the wrong number in the series. 6,9, 15,22,51, 99
27. In a row of girls, Kamla is 9th...
28. Ravi has spent a quarter 1/4
his life as a boy...
ans: 60 years
29. Five boys A, B, C, D, E are sitting in a park...
30 At what time are the hands of clocks
together between 6 and 7 ?
ans: 32 8/11 minutes past 6
31. Out of 100 families in the neighbourhood...
32. Suresh was born on 4th October 1999.
33. From the given alternative words, select lhe word which cannot be formed using the letters of the given word .CONCENTRATION'
34. In a certain office, 1/3 of the workers are
35. If a man on a moped starts from a point and...
36. Ganesh cycles towards South-West...
Ans: 10 m
37. Two statements are given followed by four inferences. Select the alternative which is most appropriate.
Ans: Only IV is appropriate
38. From the given alternative words, select the word which can be formed using the letters of the given word :
39. If in a certain code HIYDROGEN
51.C (Income Tax)- Rs. 1.8 lack
52.C (Exchange Rate)- Revaluation
53.D (Inflation)- Rich
54. C(fringe benefits tax was introduced in Budget of) - 2005-06
55. B (budget 2011 green revolution) - Rice
56. (Innovative Discussion process In World Parliament)
57. B(supreme court judge retirement age)-65 Years
58. B(judicial review in the Indian constitution based on)- Due process of law
59. C (drafting of constitution of India was completed on)- 26th November 1949
60. C (president of constituent assembly)- Dr. Rajendra Prasad
61. B (back to the vedas)- Swami Dayanand
62. B (Simon Commission Was Boycotted By Indians Because) - All member were English
63. D (British Person admitted the Revolt of 1857 as a national revolt)- Disraeli
64. C (Greek Ambassador sent to chandragupta Maurya's Court ) - Megasthenese
65. B(European Power From whom Shivaji obtained cannons & Ammunition)- Portuguese
66. A (Konkan Railway Connects) - Goa-Mangalore
67. A (Bark of tree used as Condiment)- Cinnamon
68. C (How Much Earth's Land Is Desert)- 1/3rd
69. D (What is Called shrimp capital India)- Nellore
70. D (River Indus originates form )- Kailash Range
71. C (Lowest layer of Atmosphere is )- Troposphere
72. D (time period of pendulum on moon)- Increase
73. B (Architect of North and South Blocks of Central Secretariat Delhi)- Herbert Baker
74. B (saliva helps in the digestion of)- Starch
75. C (longest bone in the human body)- Femur
76. A (Red data book gives information about)- Extinct
77. C (Smallest Bird)- Hummingbird
78. C (First computer made available for Commercial was)- UNIVAC
79. B (Communication network used for large Organization over regional, National global Area) - WAN
80. A (Atmospheric air is held to the earth by)- Gravity
81. D(Function of Ball bearing in a Wheel)- For Convenience
82. A(Shock Absorbers are usually made of steel )- is not Brittle
83. D(white Lung Disease is prevalent among the Workers of )- Pesticide Industry
84. C (Iodoform is used as)- antiseptic
85. D(Artificial EcoSystem is represented by) - aquarium
86. C(Fuel in Propellant or Rocket)- Liquid Nitrogen + Liquid Oxygen
87. C (Gypsum To Portland Cement Helps in ) - Preventing Rapid Setting Of Cement
88. A (Worlds Only Floating National Park Situated in )- Manipur
89. A (2011 State with high Development Index in India is) - Tamil Nadu
90. D(Indian Army's Operation Saiyam was related to ) - Indo-Pak Border in Punjab and Rajasthan
91. A,B,C(Constituents of Automobile Exhaust that cause cancer are )- Carbon Monoxide , Nitrogen dioxide, Polycyclic hydrocarbons
92. C (Optimum dissolved oxygen level for Aquatic Organism)- 8-10
93. A(Japan Tsunami expected to lead the shortening of the Day by)- 1.6 MicroSeconds
94. D(Project Snow Leopard By Union Ministry of Environment & Forest covers states)- Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim
95. C (Railway Budget 2011-12 outlay of Rs.57630 crore for adding new lines with length)- 1300Km
96. A (Book Written by Atiq Rahimi)- Earth and Ashes
97. A (Sahitya Akademi Award 2010 In Hindi Literature Category)- Uday Prakash
98. C (FIFA 2010 World cup Final held at)- Johannesburg.
99. A (Sangeet Natak Akademi's Ustad Bismillah Khan Yuva Puraskar 2009 in Hindustani Vocal Music)- Omkar Shrikant Dadarkar
100. B (Folk Dance Associated with Uttar Pradesh)- Thora
Numerical Aptitude Answer Key SSC CGL Exam 26 June 2011- Morning Shift
Q 1 if x * y Ans 192
Q 2 (0.05)2 + (0.41)2 Ans 100
Q 3 9/x = /12 + /147 Ans 3 /= Root
Q 4 (1-127/343)1/3 Ans 1 -1/7
Q 5 If the sum of two number be multiplied by each number Ans 19
Q 6 Find a number, on-sevent of which Ans 1925
Q 7 /6+ /6+ /6 Ans = 3
Q 8 the square root of (/3=/2 / /3-/2) Ans = /3 + /2
Q 9 the remainder when (3) 21 is divided by 5 Ans 3
Q 10 The value of 2 1/3 -1 2/11 Ans 38/109
Q 11 The last digit of (1001)2008 + 1002 Ans 3
Q 12 3 root 2 /root 3 + root 6 - ... Ans 0
Q 13 A can do a work in 12 days....
Ans 6 days
Q 14 The L.C.M. of three different number is 120 Ans 35
Q 15 A number when divided by 49 leaves 32
Q 16 In an examination a student scores 4 marks Ans 35
Q 17 The traffic lights at three different signals An
Q 18 A copper wire is bent in the shape of square Ans 7
Q 19 The volume of rain water that can be collected from 1.5 Hectare Ans 7500
Q 20 A river 3 m deep and 40 m wide is Ans 400
Q 21 A and B can complete a piece of work in 8 days Ans 6 days
Q 22 X is 3 times as fast as Y and is able to complete Ans 15 days
Q 23 What single discount is equivalent to two successive discounts of 20% and 15% Ans 32%
Q 24 In a business partnership among A, B, C and D, the profit Ans 90000
Q 25 A bicycle wheel makes 5000 revolutions in moving 11 km An 35
Q 26 The perimeter of a triangle is 40 cm Ans 8
Q 27 A shopkeeper allows a discount of 10% to his customers Ans Rs. 600
Q 28 The ratio of weekly incomes A and B is 9 : 7 Ans Rs 4800
Q 29 Among three numbers, the first is twice the second and thrice the third Ans 54
Q 30 The mean of 50 numbers is 30. Later it was discovered Ans 29.28
Q 31 A can contains a mixture of two liquids A and B in the ratio 7 :5 Ans 21
Q 32 What number should be added to or Subtracted from each term of the ratio 17 : 24 Ans 10 is subtracted
Q 33 Krishna purchased a number of articles at Rs 10 for each........ Ans Gain 8 1/3
Q 34 A trader bought two hoses for Rs 19,500 Ans Rs. 11,500 and Rs 8000
Q 35 If the selling price of 10 articles is equal to the Ans 10
Q 36 While selling a watch, a shopkeeper gives a discount of 5% Ans Rs. 1,500
Q 37 If the price of sugar is raised by 25% Ans 20
Q 38 If 30% of A is added to 40% of B, the answer is 80% Ans.... 75%
Q 39 A man can row 6 km/h in still water. If the speed of the current is 2km/h Ans 24 km
Q 40 The cost price of an article is 40% of the selling price Ans 250%
Q 41 If 90% of A = 30% of B and B = 2x% Ans 150
Q 42 When the price of sugar decreases by 10%, a man could buy 1 kg more Ans Rs. 30
Q 43 A sum of money placed at compound interest doubles itself in 4 years Ans 8 years
Q 44 The simple interest on a sum for 5 years is one-fourth of the sum Ans 5 %
Q 45 The difference between the compound interest and simple interest on Rs 10,000 for 2 years is 25 years Ans 5%
Q 46 A student goes to school at the rate of 2 1/2 km/h and reaches 6 minutes late
Q 47 What is the difference..... Ans 420
Q 48 The production of company D is how many Ans 1.8
Q 49 The demand for company B is what percent of the Demand for company C An 25
Q 50 What is the ratio of companies having more demand than ..... Ans 3 : 2
English Comprehension Answer Key SSC CGL Exam 26 June 2011
Series No. BD2011 | Test Form No-066QL 5
151. voice error in sentence can't figure correct option.
152. C, equipment (uncountable noun so no plural form)
153. B, companies seem quite secure(subject verb agreement)
154. C, was dogged by controversy(tense agreement)
156. A, Poachers are those who hunt animals illegally, while rangers are one who saves them.
160. A, while both accumulate and grow are synonyms accumulate best express the meaning.
171. B (to take to one's heels)- To Run Away
172. D(To Bite the dust)-NONE
173. C(a bolt from the blue)- An Unexpected Event
174.C (cold comfort )- Slight Satisfaction
175.B (To be all at Sea)- Lost & Confused
176.C - He won Both a medal and a Scholarship.
177. B- He has left India for Good
180. A, the name of which
182. C - Sinecure
183.B- (Something that Cause death)- Fatal
184.A (Person who write decoratively)- calligrapher
185.C (Pertaining to Cattle)- Bovine
188. A- Dysentery
189. B - Jubilant
190. B- Arraign
191. B - Question
192.C - About
193. A- Since
194.B - Opinions
195.D - Answer
196.B - think
197.D - Ago
198. C - Earth
199. A - part
200. B - Begin