Instructions to the Candidates for Data Entry Test for Tax Assistants 1. The Commission will provide the Computer for the test.
2. The skill test in Data Entry is a qualifying test only. It will consist of one paper on running matter in the following manner: Post Skill Test Norms Tax Assistants Data Entry of approx 2000 Key Depressions (Time Allowed – 15 minutes)
3. Candidates are required to report to the Supervisor half-an-hour before the commencement of the test, or at the reporting time indicated on their Admission Certificate.
4. Candidates are required to bring attested copies of the following certificates/documents along with the originals thereof at the time of typewriting test failing which they may not be admitted to the test. i) Metric or equivalent certificate in support of date of birth. ii) Education Certificate in support of educational qualification. iii) SC/ST/ExS/OBC certificate in the prescribed format issued by the competent authority. iv) “No Objection” certificate if you are already in service. v) A recent passport size photograph (to be pasted on the admission certificate).
5. Travelling and other expenses must be borne by the candidates themselves.
6. The candidates will be required to take their seat ten minutes before commencement of the Test. If the computer goes out of order, the candidate should not shout or disturb others, but should remain seated quietly and inform the Invigilator.
7. Candidates should type their particulars (Roll No., etc.) in the space provided on the screen, verify his/her personal details on the next screen and press the button ‘CONFIRM’. He should familiarize himself on the Instructions available on Commission’s website http://ssc.nic.in.
8. After completing typing of the running passage once, candidates are advised not to re-type the passage. If spare time is available candidates may utilize the time for checking the typescript and making corrections.
9. Immediately after the test is over, the candidate will have to write in his/her own handwriting one paragraph of about 50-60 words from the Data Entry passage given to him/her on a separate sheet and will have to put his/her name, Roll No. and signature at the end.
10. Candidates should not tear any sheet given to them. When the printout of the passage typed by him is given to him he must write his roll no. and name on each page, sign and handover to the invigilator.
11. Candidate must return the Question Paper along with their scripts to the Invigilator. They should not take either the Question Paper or script or any blank typing paper out of the Examination Hall.
12. Every candidate will be supplied with a photo bearing attendance Sheet with his/her Roll number. He/she will be required to sign it and put his/her Left Hand Thumb impression before the beginning of the Test.
13. Candidates shall not be permitted to leave the Examination Hall until the expiry of the Test.
14. On completion of the test, they shall remain seated at their desks and wait until their scripts are collected and accounted for. They must not type, write or erase after the expiry of the allotted time.
15. Silence must be observed in the Examination Hall.
16. Smoking/chewing tobacco in the Examination Hall is strictly prohibited.
17. Candidates must abide by further instructions, if any, which may be given to them by the Supervisor. If any candidate fails to do so or indulges in disorderly or improper conduct he/she will render himself/herself liable to expulsion from the Test or such other penalty as the Commission may deem fit.
18. Any request for change in time/date/centre of the Data Entry test will not be entertained by the Commission under any circumstances.
19. Candidates must start typing from the beginning of the question paper and must complete the whole passage.
20. A candidate who claims to be permanently unfit to take the Data Entry test because of a physical disability may with the prior approval of the Staff Selection Commission be exempted from the requirement of appearing and qualifying at such test provided such a candidate submits a Certificate in the prescribed format to the Commission from the competent Medical Authority i.e., the Civil Surgeon declaring him/her to be permanently unfit for the Data Entry Test because of a physical disability.
21. In case a PH candidate obtains exemption from the Skill Test as above, he/she will be considered for the post of Tax Assistant in CBDT only. For the post of Tax Assistant in CBEC, skill test is compulsory.
22. A candidate who submits a Medical Certificate from the Medical Board attached to RC for PH persons or from the Medical Board attached to Special Employment Exchange for PH persons his/her claim for exemption from Typewriting Test would be accepted. However, a candidate who submits Medical Certificate from Civil/Orthopedic Surgeon, his/her case would be referred to a Medical Board in a Government Hospital or Medical Board attached to VRC/Special Employment Exchange for PH persons for clearance.
23. Absence from skill test without obtaining / seeking exemption from the concerned Regional Director will disqualify the candidate, though he/she may be entitled to such exemption.